PDA

View Full Version : How to send a signal to the neighboors... Rocket launcher set out for trash pickup!

Mudderoy
04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Used rocket launcher left for trash pickup causes Kingwood scare

A military-style rocket launcher left on the curb for trash pickup Thursday spooked some Kingwood residents and trash collectors, according to The Humble Observer.

Sr. Special Agent Arthur Gonzalez said the launcher was dirty and loaded with cobwebs and black widow spider eggs, The Humble Observer said.

While it’s not illegal to own or discard a used rocket launcher, it showed poor judgment on the part of the owner, reportedly a Houston Police Department sergeant.

:link: (http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2012/04/used-rocket-launcher-left-for-trash-pickup-causes-kingwood-scare/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

LizardRunner
04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: This is a good example of why BATF really should not be allowed to carry firearms. I would imagine that they stormed the area and were far more dangerous to the general public than the "weapon" which was at that point just an empty tube, well except for the spider webs and egg sacks.

De-milled actually means it was rendered inert, which is drilliing out or welding shut the parts that make it fire, removing those parts or filling them with a bonding material, or otherwise rendering it useless. I saw a De-milled fifty cal. machine gun once, the barrel was full of lead, the mechanical internal parts were welded together so it could not function in anyway except as a boat anchor. Why didn't the BATF just call the local police and say "by the way, there may be a rocket launcher at such and such address, why don't you go check that out?" BATF is supposed to be catching gun runners. are gun runners really going to put something like that at the street for anyone to see?

Mudderoy
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: This is a good example of why BATF really should not be allowed to carry firearms. I would imagine that they stormed the area and were far more dangerous to the general public than the "weapon" which was at that point just an empty tube, well except for the spider webs and egg sacks.

De-milled actually means it was rendered inert, which is drilliing out or welding shut the parts that make it fire, removing those parts or filling them with a bonding material, or otherwise rendering it useless. I saw a De-milled fifty cal. machine gun once, the barrel was full of lead, the mechanical internal parts were welded together so it could not function in anyway except as a boat anchor. Why didn't the BATF just call the local police and say "by the way, there may be a rocket launcher at such and such address, why don't you go check that out?" BATF is supposed to be catching gun runners. are gun runners really going to put something like that at the street for anyone to see?

I bet you have more than one BATF person that agrees with you.

KH96XJ
04-20-2012, 08:10 PM
"Orchowski said the launcher, which had a military serial number, has been “demilled,” meaning it’s no longer a military item. He said he couldn’t release photos of the device without permission from the military."

That guy needs to be removed from that job as he is a waste of tax payer money. Not just for not knowing what "demilled" is but for stating it is no longer a military item, but I can't share photos of it without permission from the military for an item that is no longer a military item. There are photos of it from the scene in the Humble Observer article that is linked at the bottom of the page. I wonder if they had to get permission also?

Idiot.

The guy who threw it out is also an idiot. He could have sold it to someone.

bluedragon436
04-20-2012, 08:57 PM
That is pretty funny actually.... I would have kept it personally, or sold it to someone.. But definitely wouldn't have put it on the curb for garbage pickup..

4.3LXJ
04-20-2012, 10:06 PM
So the Black Widow eggs were the message?

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu215/warriorsuspension/IMG_1456.jpg

Firemanray
04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I built a mock up of one of those for my son's school project. I have some super nosey neighbors that always watch me...... Tried out the authenticity of my handiwork on them, must have done a good job!:D

Sent by smoke signa, via carrier pigeon.