PDA

View Full Version : Jeep cherokee splash guard?

sshec152
03-26-2012, 08:06 PM
So I got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee about a month ago from my friends dad for FREE! About a week later he gave me a splash guard that he said goes under the engine but I have no idea where it goes and he cant remember either.:bang: It is made from black plastic that is a little bit curved. It has 2 holes at the front and 3 on the back(at least I think that is the front and back). Can somebody please tell me where this goes. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

xjrev10
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I have never seen one of those....?

prcjeep
03-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Does yours have a front skid plate?? My 96 had that temporarily til it got half way torn and then removed when working on it. It was bolted through the holes in the front between the skid and where it mounts to, and the rear from what I rember kinda just sat on top of the axel housing and helped a little from keeping mud and water from flying all the way through the engine compartment. Some say it hurts cooling ability. I threw mine away and never looked back. Not all XJ's had it.

If you dont want to bother with it at all.... I'll take it and the XJ off your hands :D:D

So I got a 1996 Jeep Cherokee about a month ago from my friends dad for FREE! About a week later he gave me a splash guard that he said goes under the engine but I have no idea where it goes and he cant remember either.:bang: It is made from black plastic that is a little bit curved. It has 2 holes at the front and 3 on the back(at least I think that is the front and back). Can somebody please tell me where this goes. Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Wait a minute... I just saw the attached thumbnail you had on the original post,... I dont know that that is from an XJ.. Maybe another jeep but I've never seen that on an XJ. The one I was talking about was more of a rubber mat material, really flexible. That looks rigid. So yeah I dont think that came of an XJ...

sshec152
03-28-2012, 05:35 AM
Ok thank you!

Mudderoy
03-28-2012, 09:37 AM

I did some brief searching last night, I couldn't find anything either. Also I can't picture how that would attached to anything under the jeep. Interesting, I wonder what it is to and if it is to a Jeep XJ even MORE interesting. :popcorn:

4.3LXJ
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I can't place it either.

xj4life2
03-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Thats not off an XJ that I have ever seen and I've seen a few. Mabey a Grand but not an XJ.

XJ Wheeler
03-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Kinda looks like a faux skid plate or something to channel air under the front end for an ifs vehicle.