PDA

View Full Version : Changing head gasket.

prerunner1982
03-22-2012, 04:49 PM
I have read and printed Steph 74's article on changing a head gasket. http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?p=109957#post109957

However I had a question. I posted the question on the article but don't feel it will get enough traffic to answer my question so I will post here. (if that is ok).

In the article Steph removed the throttle body and the fuel rail/injector from the intake manifold. When he removed the intake he only pulled it away from the head far enough to remove the head. Not further than he moved the intake could the fuel rail/injector have been left in place? I am sure I could get away with leaving the throttle body on the intake but was not sure about the injectors.

:thanx:

JMadigan
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I had to replace my head and head gasket about 2 years ago due to a crack from overheating :mad:
Anyhow, if I am remembering correctly, you will want to remove the fuel rail and move the wiring harness far far away, otherwise it will make getting to the intake/exhaust bolts hell. Besides, if you've never cleaned the intake it's a great time to do that as well!
Hope it goes well!