PDA

View Full Version : Neutral Safety Switch from Hell

FysherKing
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
I have a 2000 jeep Cherokee auto non 4x4

I went ahead and bought the neutral safety switch from quadratec because my jeep just wouldn't start and the code I got from my ecu was that it was the nss (I checked all the other possibilities that another post said to check) . I took it off and put it on with no problem, aligned it "to my knowledge" but now the car cranks but just wont start :sad0147: I think I've read over a dozen post on how to put it on and off but still nothing and Im not getting no codes.

I grew up working on cars but this is my first Jeep so I think i finally hit a wall :bang:

Any help will be greatly appreciated

msmoorenburg
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Check for spark if no spark have a look at the Crank trigger. You could have booger-ed up the connection to that sensor "same side as the wiring but on top of the transmission" the plug for the trigger is on the back of the intake.

FysherKing
03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
thanks you just gave me some hope before I gave up :sign0181: even tho I really didn't want to quit on my jeep because it would look a little funny going camping to the holey lands in a mustang :pray: PRAYING TO THE JEEP GODS