PDA

View Full Version : How much is this worth average

JEEPSTER4EVER
03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
I got a friend from work who's got a 1987 XJ, 4 dr, 4x4, the custom parts are, 1. a custom front bumper (it's a nice looking one, winch hook-up ready, (but doesn't have one on it), ) custom rims (but stock 15x0) almost new but stock size tires, 2-3 in. lift all stock parts except coils springs custom 2-3 in longer ) 411 gears.
the bad stuff now, 1. only 5 out of six cyclenders works, 5 speed, no title, no back bumper, it is driveable that's all I know for now, he needs to sell it, he's a friend and we're just trying to see what it's worth so neither one of us get's rip off, I want it mainly for parts-a fun beater with a chance to possiable fix up if it's not too bad off and have it to drive out here on our land only. We live here in colorado so prices may very from state to state so we're just needing a average on something like this would be worth.
Any help sure would be great.
Thank you,

Mudderoy
03-18-2012, 02:57 PM
I got a friend from work who's got a 1987 XJ, 4 dr, 4x4, the custom parts are, 1. a custom front bumper (it's a nice looking one, winch hook-up ready, (but doesn't have one on it), ) custom rims (but stock 15x0) almost new but stock size tires, 2-3 in. lift all stock parts except coils springs custom 2-3 in longer ) 411 gears.
the bad stuff now, 1. only 5 out of six cyclenders works, 5 speed, no title, no back bumper, it is driveable that's all I know for now, he needs to sell it, he's a friend and we're just trying to see what it's worth so neither one of us get's rip off, I want it mainly for parts-a fun beater with a chance to possiable fix up if it's not too bad off and have it to drive out here on our land only. We live here in colorado so prices may very from state to state so we're just needing a average on something like this would be worth.
Any help sure would be great.
Thank you,

Part it out.

XJ Wheeler
03-18-2012, 04:02 PM
The main thing that's gonna effect the price is gonna be the no title. I've looked at a lot of old beaters and refuse to buy anything the doesn't have a title. On average i would say not having a title cuts the price in half. The non working cylinder is another big one, and when buying a used vehicle you have to assume the worst and hope for the best.

So, if the body is in good shape i would say $700-1000. Pics would help though.

4.3LXJ
03-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Not running well and not tittle. No offense, but it is only worth a couple of hundred for parts. A tittle would make all the difference and double or triple the value.

ScottJD96
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
In NJ we get $400.00 for scrap w no title, parts wise if everything is good maybe it would be able to sell for $600.00 probably could make more parting it out.

XJMJeep
03-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Put it on Craigslist for best offer, people are crazy on that site & you just might be surprised what someone would give you for it, especially if they think someone else is after their deal of the day! :crazy:

XJ Wheeler
03-19-2012, 07:56 AM
Put it on Craigslist for best offer, people are crazy on that site & you just might be surprised what someone would give you for it, especially if they think someone else is after their deal of the day! :crazy:

I think he's trying to buy his friends xj not selling it.:wink:

Mudderoy
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Hey I think you're right! He does say "so neither one of us gets ripped off".

So it's your friend. If you pay to much for it, you may not be friends in the future. With the engine problem, and no pictures, I would do the $400.

ScottJD96
03-19-2012, 06:48 PM
$400 is fair.Since you are friends.

XJMJeep
03-19-2012, 07:13 PM

Guess I should read the WHOLE thing before posting!
Oops :o

bigjim350
03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldnt care about the no title part. I'd give 500 bucks for it. A bonded title is only 200. And if its registered to your buddy he should be able to file for a lost title and get one even cheaper.

Brasscatz
03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
I think these guys have it right on the money. The cylinder and title are tough. You did say to drive on your land only, so title/registration/inspection isn't really that big of a deal.