PDA

View Full Version : bosch 784 injector upgrade

cpttuna
03-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm in the process of upgrading the 4 newer XJ's with the 784 injectors. Two have been done so far. The injectors were purchased from Programbo from the Cherokee forum web site. I purchased 2 sets each time and got a small discount. The difference in the idle and throttle response were quite noticeable. Ibelieve I'm seeing improvement in MPG though I need to run more tankfulls to see a better picture. The 99 also seems to start quicker.(I have done the battery wiring upgrade). I should have put this upgrade higher on my list. It does seem surprising that more dialogue does not appear on the subject.

Mudderoy
03-18-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm in the process of upgrading the 4 newer XJ's with the 784 injectors. Two have been done so far. The injectors were purchased from Programbo from the Cherokee forum web site. I purchased 2 sets each time and got a small discount. The difference in the idle and throttle response were quite noticeable. Ibelieve I'm seeing improvement in MPG though I need to run more tankfulls to see a better picture. The 99 also seems to start quicker.(I have done the battery wiring upgrade). I should have put this upgrade higher on my list. It does seem surprising that more dialogue does not appear on the subject.

I installed a nearly new set of 24 lbs (I think that's right) Mustang injectors on mine over a year ago. It was quick and easy. I saw NO mpg improvements. I went from the 1 hole to, wow seems like 6 or 7 hole. It's in the articles forum here. As far as throttle response or quicker start... nada. I think I was changing them because she wasn't starting very well. Many months later I fixed this issue with fuel pressure regulator.

cpttuna
03-18-2012, 08:09 PM
There are 5 XJ's in the family. They get different MPG though I have done as much as possible to keep them as much alike as possible(tires, cold intake, oil changes, tire pressure,plugs, etc) . The injectors was my latest attempt in keeping things the same. They are all autos. the 99 has a 2" lift. One of the 01's has the police package. Whatever it is, there is something that separates the MPG. The point is can I do anything about it?