PDA

View Full Version : Why do Comcast cable workers have a death wish?

Brasscatz
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I get a phone call at work from my wife at 5pm. While she was out in the back yard with the dog, some dude in a gray sweatshirt tries to climb our back fence. The dog goes nuts, the guy goes away and stays away. I race home and drive to the street behind us, and there's a Comcast truck there with a guy in it matching the description.

Without getting into too much detail, I told him in a very.... um.... stern way, not to do that without coming to our front door and identifying himself with ID, because that's a good way to get shot. I tried being stern and nice first, and believe me, he deserved the harsher statement. (He didn't need to know that I don't currently have a gun :D) ANYWAYS, again, without too much detail, there was almost a fight (started by him), but I will do ANYTHING it takes to protect my family.

Setting the scene again... my wife is 4'9" tall. My MINI Schnauzer is about 13 pounds. The house next door to us has been broken into before.... I was at work and a big dude in a sweatshirt that did NOT say Comcast on it was trying to climb my fence. Was I in the wrong here?

If you're wondering why the cops weren't called, he stayed away and my wife didn't get a good enough look at him to describe him. Plus she was armed with a baseball bat and pepper spray! LOL. I also did call Comcast and he will be dealt with by his supervisors for getting out of his truck and trying to pick a fight, along with his initial wrong-doing.

cantab27
03-06-2012, 09:20 PM
should have just bitch slap him anyways....oh and pics when ya do......

Firemanray
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Gutsy or stupid doing that in Texas. Someone gonna shoot him off the fence like a soda can!

Jamie Lynn
03-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Wow..that is really messed up...I know what would have happened if he climbed over our fence without announcing himself..

Brasscatz
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys! I feel better knowing that more people feel the way I do.

He was a lot bigger than me Wayne, but with all the adrenaline I had going, I could've taken him!!! And believe me... I would have

You got that right Ray, I've left out a lot of the details of what was said and what happened in the confrontation, but I guarantee that he will think twice before he sticks a finger on my fence again without coming to my door and identifying himself WITH ID.

LOL, I'm guessing you have at least one big dog and at least one gun Jamie!

There have been too many reports of people posing as utility workers and committing crimes. In this day in age... that guy is a flat out idiot.

cantab27
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
confrontion is good for the soul....thats why i brought a wrangler........

Firemanray
03-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Here's one of the options he would be offered at my place:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/THD_car_door.jpg
12 guage "breaching" slug made by Brenneke (That's a car door in the pic! Plum nasty.):D

bluedragon436
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I don't blame ya for what you did... Hell even up here in Farmville, MD you'd get shot or at least shot at pretty quickly for doing something like that.. I had a random van driving down our drive the other night, and my way of greeting them to see what they wanted was with my P22 and a bright ass flashlight... Needless to say they were stunned by the light in the first place, and then once they saw my pistol (yes, it may only be a .22, but it will still leave it's mark if needed).. they were def. not wanting to mess with me.. Come to find out they were some contracted people through Comcast, trying to respond to a maintenance call... My only reply was, it's 3 in the morning, it is dark as hell on this property and this driveway... what would make you think your call came from here.. Unless the horses were having issues with their cable, you were def. not in the right place... They tried to say they were called for a cable internet issue... which I find really funny since I was told by Comcast not a month before that they have no service in my area for anything more than just standard cable TV... these guys seemed pretty shady anyways... We have been having some issues in the area with break ins... so I took a pretty good note of these guys looks, the vehicle and got the plate numbers... Wrote them all down, figure if we have any further break ins in the area, I'll let that info go to the authorities and see where that might lead them... either way, haven't seen that van back in the area since then...

Brasscatz
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
get many confrontations in the Wrangler? ROFL

Here's one of the options he would be offered at my place:
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/firemanray21/THD_car_door.jpg
12 guage "breaching" slug made by Brenneke (That's a car door in the pic! Plum nasty.):D

I need one of those!!! NICE!!! My little BB gun just isn't the same!

I don't blame ya for what you did... Hell even up here in Farmville, MD you'd get shot or at least shot at pretty quickly for doing something like that.. I had a random van driving down our drive the other night, and my way of greeting them to see what they wanted was with my P22 and a bright ass flashlight... Needless to say they were stunned by the light in the first place, and then once they saw my pistol (yes, it may only be a .22, but it will still leave it's mark if needed).. they were def. not wanting to mess with me.. Come to find out they were some contracted people through Comcast, trying to respond to a maintenance call... My only reply was, it's 3 in the morning, it is dark as hell on this property and this driveway... what would make you think your call came from here.. Unless the horses were having issues with their cable, you were def. not in the right place... They tried to say they were called for a cable internet issue... which I find really funny since I was told by Comcast not a month before that they have no service in my area for anything more than just standard cable TV... these guys seemed pretty shady anyways... We have been having some issues in the area with break ins... so I took a pretty good note of these guys looks, the vehicle and got the plate numbers... Wrote them all down, figure if we have any further break ins in the area, I'll let that info go to the authorities and see where that might lead them... either way, haven't seen that van back in the area since then...

Yeah... that doesn't sound right at all.... 3am? I'm pretty sure they don't make service calls that late. You must be a real light sleeper, I could sleep through a tornado! My wife and I have been talking for 6 years now about getting a gun for the house. She's been eying one with a pink grip for a while now. But money and whatnot always get in the way. We will definitely get one, even if I just get her a derringer! I need to take her to the range and teach her how to shoot too.

bluedragon436
03-06-2012, 11:12 PM
I am a fairly light sleeper, but I am a day sleeper, so I'm awake all night usually, and when I hear the crunch of our gravel drive or happen to see lights come down the drive... I investigate... especially at 3am...

Brasscatz
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Absolutely. Especially at 3am. Some people just don't have common sense.... you just don't go up people's driveways, or try to climb fences. I think I'm gonna put spikes on my fence top btw...

cantab27
03-06-2012, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=Brasscatz;108767]get many confrontations in the Wrangler? ROFL

i welcome it with open arms.............:D

Mudderoy
03-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I got into a fight with Time Warner guy, I think that's what they were before they became Comcast. This was about 20 years ago. He got up in my face I launched his ass back about 2 feet, shoving him. He was a little bigger than me. He swung, and connected. I guess he expected that to change my decision to fight, go down or something. It didn't, I tried hitting back, couldn't land a punch, so I got closer, kept trying, couldn't land a punch. He kept backing up eventually I started chasing him around his work truck, and ever so often he'd land a punch on me. :(

Finally people started taking about calling the police and I'm fat so I can't run very long.

I never did land a punch, oh and the side of my face was swollen. :(

Funny how in the heat of a fight nothing hurts.

So yeah, after he indicated he wanted to pick a fight with you I would have stopped talking, write down his license plate number and call 911. I would report suspicious activity, and since you believed he was a Comcast employee you confronted him about his actions, and he attempted to fight you.

I had the luxury of the person hitting me not being at my house! He knows where you live, so with the way he reacted I think the police need to know, and more importantly he knows, the police know him, his actions, and where he lives. :patriot:

OrangeXJ
03-07-2012, 03:21 AM
Utility workers arn't the sharpest tools in the shed. Awhile back I had one come over the fence to read the gas meter. Well the 2 pit bulls met him if you know what I mean. This worker knows they are there because I usually let him in and go with him so they will not mess with him. He called the law when they showed up we told them what happened and the cop told the guy he was a dumb ass for knowingly getting in a back yard that he knew had 2 pit bulls in it with out me.

msmoorenburg
03-07-2012, 07:00 AM
If that happened at my place the wife would have come out looking like the terminator :sniper::sniper::sniper:

Mudderoy
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
If that happened at my place the wife would have come out looking like the terminator :sniper::sniper::sniper:

This is why I love country folk. :shocker: :mel:

Brasscatz
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
I got into a fight with Time Warner guy, I think that's what they were before they became Comcast. This was about 20 years ago. He got up in my face I launched his ass back about 2 feet, shoving him. He was a little bigger than me. He swung, and connected. I guess he expected that to change my decision to fight, go down or something. It didn't, I tried hitting back, couldn't land a punch, so I got closer, kept trying, couldn't land a punch. He kept backing up eventually I started chasing him around his work truck, and ever so often he'd land a punch on me. :(

Finally people started taking about calling the police and I'm fat so I can't run very long.

I never did land a punch, oh and the side of my face was swollen. :(

Funny how in the heat of a fight nothing hurts.

So yeah, after he indicated he wanted to pick a fight with you I would have stopped talking, write down his license plate number and call 911. I would report suspicious activity, and since you believed he was a Comcast employee you confronted him about his actions, and he attempted to fight you.

I had the luxury of the person hitting me not being at my house! He knows where you live, so with the way he reacted I think the police need to know, and more importantly he knows, the police know him, his actions, and where he lives. :patriot:

Probably right, I had the same thought about him knowing where I live, but I do have the guy's name and stuff, and I'm pretty sure that I put enough fear in him that he won't try anything. He's under the impression that if he even breathes on my property, he'll be shot. He just doesn't know that it'll be a BB gun doing the shooting! But that's what the baseball bat and big pocket knife are for, right?

I had a fight like yours back in Jr. High... I didn't land a single punch, but my face sure was swollen! By the time I was in high school, I was in power lifting, baseball, and I ran 5 miles a day. Needless to say, I was about twice this guy's size by that time and I got my... we'll just say, we were able to call it even! Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of that muscle now, and I'm about 5'10" 175 lbs. and this Comcast guy was at least 6'2' 230 lbs...

Utility workers arn't the sharpest tools in the shed. Awhile back I had one come over the fence to read the gas meter. Well the 2 pit bulls met him if you know what I mean. This worker knows they are there because I usually let him in and go with him so they will not mess with him. He called the law when they showed up we told them what happened and the cop told the guy he was a dumb ass for knowingly getting in a back yard that he knew had 2 pit bulls in it with out me.

A LOT of them definitely aren't sharp. I've been thinking for a long time about getting a big dog for home protection. Currently, the big "BEWARE OF DOG" sign on my back gate has done it's job ;) This guy didn't see the sign from where he entered though :(

LOL, nice!!! My wife was armed with a mini schnauzer, a bat, and pepper spray! I'm sure that she would've given the guy a run for his money!

Mudderoy
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM
My Time Warner guy was 6' 1 or 2 ish, probably weight 230. At the time I was about 260 and still 6', just wish I was faster! lol The only thing I can say positive about that incident was I could tell he was surprised that his punches didn't even phase me. I think this was why he was running away. Oh well.

I saw this today which I think this is a good point to remember what can happen when you fight. Even though this guys sounds like he was in the right, he'll have to live with this the rest of his life.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/HPD-Man-killed-in-road-rage-incident-along-Gulf-Freeway--141536003.html

Brasscatz
03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I saw that one on local 2. Crazy stuff out there. And these days people carry guns in their car... you never know who gonna face when in road rage incidents.