What did you do to your Jeep today? - Page 2 - Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
jeeptalkshow.com

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk > General > General Talk

Notices

General Talk Non specific items, general chit chat, items of interest.

Old 02-10-2010
Trail Runner
Steve's Information

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 3
flippedXJ is a jewel in the roughflippedXJ is a jewel in the roughflippedXJ is a jewel in the rough
windows_xp_2003ie
Default Re: What did you do to your jeep today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysxj View Post
oh you poor babies i wish it was 40 here i would be in shorts and short sleeve shirt.
for sure I agree with that 40 would be kick ***
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 02-10-2010
Moderator Emeritus
Melissa's Information

Groans: 1
Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Chats: 1
Melissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant future
windows_xp_2003ie

It's 42 right now here in Heppner and it's almost 5pm, I'm diggin it
Old 02-11-2010
"Just some guy"
Tony's Information

Thanked 6,928 Times in 4,147 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Chats: 30712
Mudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_xp_2003ie
View Mudderoy's Twitter Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippedXJ View Post
well I went throught the junkyard (mind you its like 20 here) and found another computer came home and hooked it up and the trail beast came to life and smoked out the neighborhood!!!
Excellent!
Old 02-11-2010
Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
earl's Information

Thanked 1,524 Times in 518 Posts
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Chats: 0
cpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond reputecpttuna has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_xp_2003ie

I just completed installing my 4th headlight wiring harness. this one was on my son's 92. I also upgraded the battery cables. when I went to start it, nada. The problem turned out to be the starter, So I got a little practice in replacing a starter.
Old 02-11-2010
XJ4IV
's Information

Chats:
windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysxj View Post
i hope when you said it is too cold to work on the jeep was a example? you are in texas it is probably like 60 right now try coming to utah and do anything out side on the jeep right now. it is like -2 right now and that is warm.
it was 18 degrees where I live but still when it's -2 you dont wanna work on the jeep do ya?
anyhow today I had the wifey ask if she could take the coveted XJ to work cause of the snow an whopping 4 inches and I will say its dangerous for texans to drive in the snow cause TX DOT doesnt take the neccesary measures to ensure safety on the roads for motorists like sanding in a timely manner they wait til the snow is THERE THEN they hit the roads...idiots anyhow I opted to get my butt out of bed and drive her myself as I wanted a day to play in the snow before we move to houston where they dont get snow but once every few years.
Ill post pics of the snow and my jeep later.
Old 02-11-2010
XJ4IV
's Information

Chats:

FYI just cause your area has lots of snow doesnt mean its always SOO much colder
I lived in tahoe area for years but It STILL gets colder here before snow sticks I guess it has to do with the lattitude cause tahoe is closer to the beach than dallas is by about two hours
AND also TRUST me I have seen cold try going through basic training in new jersey during a blizzard we had wind chills at 40 below... that means I was able to SPIT and it froze and bounced on the ground...
Old 02-11-2010
XJ4IV
's Information

Chats:

just a question for you alwaysXJ what do you deem as HOT in the summer heat, you ever seen this on your overhead console
Old 02-11-2010
Moderator Emeritus
rene's Information

Chats: 8037
rguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond repute
windows_vistaie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4IV View Post
just a question for you alwaysXJ what do you deem as HOT in the summer heat, you ever seen this on your overhead console
i live near houston about 30 miles north and we see that and hotter all summer long ive seen 150 on them
Old 02-11-2010
XJ4IV
's Information

Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguignard View Post
i live near houston about 30 miles north and we see that and hotter all summer long ive seen 150 on them
I lived in houston and never got that hot matter of fact Im moving there next week. I have come to realize you cannot trust XJ thermometers cause they always read hot mine was registering 50 degrees this morning when I took this picture
Old 02-11-2010
"Just some guy"
Tony's Information

Thanked 6,928 Times in 4,147 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Chats: 30712
Mudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_vistafirefox
View Mudderoy's Twitter Profile

It hasn't been over 120 degrees in Houston since the meteor struck in the Gulf of Mexico 65 million years ago.

That's a phony car temp reading. I'm sure the thermometer thought it was 122.
Old 02-11-2010
Moderator Emeritus
rene's Information

rguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond reputerguignard has a reputation beyond repute
windows_vistaie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4IV View Post
I lived in houston and never got that hot matter of fact Im moving there next week. I have come to realize you cannot trust XJ thermometers cause they always read hot mine was registering 50 degrees this morning when I took this picture
nope not 50 it was my 06 dodge that was the thermometer that i was talking about but its still not that right. when you get here all of us from the houston area need to go get the jeep dirty some time
Old 02-11-2010
Moderator Emeritus
rene's Information

windows_vistaie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post
It hasn't been over 120 degrees in Houston since the meteor struck in the Gulf of Mexico 65 million years ago.

in the car it does
Old 02-11-2010
Moderator Emeritus
Melissa's Information

Groaned at 4 Times in 3 Posts
Chats: 1
Melissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant futureMelissa has a brilliant future
windows_xp_2003ie

I've noticed on my thermometer that if I am traveling at highway speeds it shows the correct temp, but just sitting there at an idle it will climb, and yes in the summer sitting at an idle I have seen mine reach 122 when its really only around 95-100 outside.

I have also seen mine reach -29
Old 02-11-2010
Moderator Emeritus
rene's Information

windows_vistaie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
I've noticed on my thermometer that if I am traveling at highway speeds it shows the correct temp, but just sitting there at an idle it will climb, and yes in the summer sitting at an idle I have seen mine reach 122 when its really only around 95-100 outside.

I have also seen mine reach -29
nope no -29 here
Old 02-11-2010
XJ4IV
's Information

Chats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudderoy View Post

no THAT specific pic was taken this past summer in death valley california... I can attest that was the true heat of the day, street surface temperature registered at 167 degrees... melted tar and asphalt stuck to our rockers for weeks eventually had to use goo gone to remove it all.