What did you do to your Jeep today? - Page 780 - Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk
jeeptalkshow.com

Go Back   Jeep Cherokee Forum xjTalk > General > General Talk

Notices

General Talk Non specific items, general chit chat, items of interest.

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Novice wrencher
mark's Information

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Chats: 0
OGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really nice
Garage
linuxsafari
Default Re: What did you do to your Jeep today?

Replaced the fuel pump. Got creative with the filler neck hose since nobody sells one and welded my own j bolts for gas tank
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Novice wrencher
mark's Information

Chats: 0
OGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really niceOGCollard is just really nice
Garage
linuxsafari

Also, just ordered new driveshaft centering yoke for the 2000 that has not run in quite some time
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Level: Jeep Compass
James's Information

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 4
89limited_hero will become famous soon enough
linuxsafari

Bought some of these trail mirrors a little over a week ago and they show up. Need to get mirrors since I opted to get them without mirrors. Ill get some pics but they are well crafted and come with nice hardware.
https://www.theflopshopoffroad.com/c...nt=23634722305
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Mall Crawler
James's Information

Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,193 Posts
Groans: 6
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Chats: 22489
bigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond reputebigjim350 has a reputation beyond repute
macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeXJ View Post
:O

So did you go with an LS swap in the fox body?
Of course not. I said I sold my XJ, not my balls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigjim350 For This Useful Post:
4.3LXJ (2 Weeks Ago), denverd1 (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
Donovan's Information

Chats: 174
TeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to beholdTeXJ is a splendid one to behold
windows_98_nt_2000firefox

^haha

1997 AW4 sport, 4.0L, 33's
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Jon's Information

Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,349 Posts
Chats: 23541
prerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond reputeprerunner1982 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
linuxsafari

Pulled the whole drivetrain from the 93.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170905_150958.jpg  

Day of Dirt Adventure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prerunner1982 For This Useful Post:
abebehrmann (2 Weeks Ago), XJ Wheeler (1 Week Ago)
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator
Jake's Information

Thanked 5,313 Times in 3,177 Posts
Chats: 1247
XJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond reputeXJ Wheeler has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000mozilla

Finally got a chance to work on my XJ. I just didn't know it would be in a NTB parking lot. I was out picking up a couple tires for our work truck and I got the new tires loaded with the old ones and got ready to leave. Didn't want to get them mounted there so after a call to another place it shut off. No warning, hiccup, stumble, nothing. Just on then off. Tried to restart it and it would shutter but not run, finally did start but only ran rough for a second then shut off again. So I started troubleshooting. Of course my mind went to the cps, so I disconnected it and nothing. Spent four and a half hours going through what I could. Disconnect battery cables, reset computer, check tb, checked cap and rotor (of which I did find a crack in the cap I need to fix too now), checked plugs, pulled coil and tested, tried in neutral, jiggled shifter, disconnected cks, you get the point. Long day. Lots of researching sensor values and all. I did check the cps but can't say I am firm on the results. What is infinite resistance? My feeble brain can't seem to comprehend it. What will it show as on the multimeter? I read 0, 1, but mainly no one seems to put it into layman's terms.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170909_171108.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	10387

Long story a little shorter I ended up calling my brother who was working on his xj to come to my rescue and retrieve a new cps. He had to install his new trackbar and once he got there I searched for a place so he could get the cps but literally no one within 30 miles seemed to have one. I live in one of the most crowded places on earth and one of the most commonly needed parts for XJs is no where to be found! So I admitted defeat and i put up my tools. We only live a couple miles from there so we got the jeeps hooked together with two straps and got ready to leave.

Name:	P9096403.JPG
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	10389

Of course you have to try one last time to start it and... it freaking cranked! Probably my literal 20th time but it was running like normal. So we threw the straps off and i hightailed it home. Fun stuff...

Also, i got hungry (you know how it is parking lot wrenching) but didn't want to leave the xj and tires so got a pizza and here's how they identified me.

Name:	20170909_180630.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	10388

Oh, and earlier in the day i met a guy to buy a spare tire off him. I've been looking for a decent spare for a decent price for over a year since i got my 33s and at 50 bucks i grabbed this km2 with 35-40% tread. A little rot in the tread but the sidewall is mint and the tread is pretty even.

Name:	P9120107.JPG
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	10390

<><
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XJ Wheeler For This Useful Post:
4.3LXJ (1 Week Ago), abebehrmann (5 Days Ago), drakan1908 (1 Week Ago), prerunner1982 (1 Week Ago)
Old 5 Days Ago
Abe's Information

Thanked 1,554 Times in 796 Posts
Groans: 2
Chats: 2344
abebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond reputeabebehrmann has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Of course you have to try one last time to start it and... it freaking cranked! Probably my literal 20th time but it was running like normal. So we threw the straps off and i hightailed it home. Fun stuff...

Also, i got hungry (you know how it is parking lot wrenching) but didn't want to leave the xj and tires so got a pizza and here's how they identified me.

Attachment 10388

Hahahahaha, I love the pizza description!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abebehrmann For This Useful Post:
4.3LXJ (5 Days Ago), XJ Wheeler (5 Days Ago)