Announcements General Board Announcements

Old 01-10-2014
Level: Uber Jeep Cherokee Trailer Queen
nick's Information

Thanked 1,673 Times in 750 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Chats: 1
nickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_vistasafari
Default Re: Jeep sites being sold...

Autoguide.com is just a shell corporation for Martha Stewart who will soon become our supreme over lord. First she'll buy all the Auto websites then she will control the food supply and for the last stage she'll have us all working in her sweat shop constructing floral centerpieces. DON'T SELL THE WEB SITE, RESIST MARTHA!!!!
4.3LXJ (01-10-2014), XJ Wheeler (01-10-2014)
Old 02-27-2014
Rocco's Information

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chats: 81
Rocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to beholdRocco83 is a splendid one to behold
macossafari

I like Pirate for the build threads. Outside of that I don't care for it. Lot of good things to learn there as long as you're prepared for the condescension that usually comes with the not knowing how to do something.

It is a shame when someone buys up small sites. Sure the owners get a little coin, but it really takes away the personal touches on the sites and the smaller sense of community. Thank you for keeping this site to yourself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocco83 For This Useful Post:
Mudderoy (02-27-2014), prerunner1982 (02-28-2014)
Old 02-27-2014
"Just some guy"
Tony's Information

Thanked 6,928 Times in 4,147 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Chats: 30712
Mudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_xp_2003firefox
View Mudderoy's Twitter Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco83 View Post
I like Pirate for the build threads. Outside of that I don't care for it. Lot of good things to learn there as long as you're prepared for the condescension that usually comes with the not knowing how to do something.

It is a shame when someone buys up small sites. Sure the owners get a little coin, but it really takes away the personal touches on the sites and the smaller sense of community. Thank you for keeping this site to yourself.
I'm sure I speak for the entire staff... Thanks!

Hey! turns 5 in a few days!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mudderoy For This Useful Post:
prerunner1982 (02-28-2014), Rocco83 (02-27-2014)
Old 04-12-2014
Level: Hummer (H2)
James's Information

Chats: 0
aceives is on a distinguished road
windows_98_nt_2000ie

I recently checked out this site I was having problems with 98 jeep 6cyl. code lights was reading throttle pos.sen. replaced wiith after market check engine light never did go off even put in opar t.p.s. still would cut out. I was able to get a friend of mine that teaches auto mech. class and he and his student's traced it back to the clock spring which is in the steering wheel and has to do with the airbag changed it and everthing is fine just wanted to let other folks be aware of this. Have a blessed day. and thank's for this site.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aceives For This Useful Post:
cantab27 (04-12-2014), Mudderoy (04-12-2014), nickyg (04-12-2014), XJ Wheeler (04-14-2014)
Old 04-12-2014
"Just some guy"
Tony's Information

Thanked 6,928 Times in 4,147 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
Chats: 30712
Mudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond reputeMudderoy has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_98_nt_2000mozilla
View Mudderoy's Twitter Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceives View Post
I recently checked out this site I was having problems with 98 jeep 6cyl. code lights was reading throttle pos.sen. replaced wiith after market check engine light never did go off even put in opar t.p.s. still would cut out. I was able to get a friend of mine that teaches auto mech. class and he and his student's traced it back to the clock spring which is in the steering wheel and has to do with the airbag changed it and everthing is fine just wanted to let other folks be aware of this. Have a blessed day. and thank's for this site.
When I had the problem with mine the "Air bag light" was on all the time and the cruise control stopped working. Can't remember but maybe the horn didn't work as well.
Old 05-27-2014
Level: Jeep Wrangler
Paul's Information

Chats: 789
slipinkramer has a spectacular aura aboutslipinkramer has a spectacular aura about
linuxsafari

I have been through this; it was discoweb.org (a Land Rover Discovery site back almost 10 years ago). It wasn't the big business buyout of the site, but the "changing of the guard" that caused it's ultimate demise.

Once upon a time it was a fantastic site with great members and great threads, very unique and much like XJTalk is now. That site had a core group of owners and leaders who made the rules, set the tone and gave the site a particular personality that was very appealing (sound familiar).

Over time, the core members dropped away and passed the site to others. The others tried but didn't have "that fire in the belly" that the founders had had. The site faded and now its all but dead. Now, when interest in building and wheeling that particular vehicle is so much higher that it ever was back then, there isn't a dedicated web resource for it that's kick ass like discoweb was.

So here's to you, dedicated XJTalk Central Committee Members. I hope you don't go astray for a good long time!
Brasscatz (05-27-2014), Mudderoy (05-29-2014), prerunner1982 (05-28-2014), XJ Wheeler (05-30-2014)
Old 12-02-2014
Level: Cherokee XJ
dirtyjeepgirls's Information

Chats: 0
dirtyjeepgirls is on a distinguished road
windows_98_nt_2000safari

Nice photos of the XJ. Good Job!
Old 12-02-2014
nick's Information

Thanked 1,673 Times in 750 Posts
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Chats: 1
nickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond reputenickyg has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
windows_vistasafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipinkramer View Post
So here's to you, dedicated XJTalk Central Committee Members. I hope you don't go astray for a good long time!
Who's gonna take over for me????
Old 12-02-2014
Super Moderator
Steve's Information

Thanked 8,640 Times in 5,961 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Chats: 1813
4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute4.3LXJ has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
macossafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyg View Post
Who's gonna take over for me????
No one available Nicky. They broke the mold
Griffin radiator
On board air
Warn 9.5ti on custom bumper
7.5" RE front and bastard pack rear on custom long arms
30 gal gas tank